The holiday season is quickly approaching and it can be a tough time for divorced couples with children. Here are some helpful tips to ensure a very happy holiday for you and your family.
1. Plan ahead – Decide well in advance which parent gets which holiday. There are many days to celebrate and they can be switched off each year.
2. Create new traditions – You have the freedom to create new traditions with your children that they will associate specifically with you. Be creative.
3. Keep in Touch – It may not be your holiday, but be present in your child’s life during that day. Make sure they know you are thinking of them on special days.
4. Don’t overdo it – If you can, try to coordinate gifts with the other parent. You can avoid duplicates and upstaging one another with extravagant presents by communicating during this time.
5. Be merry- The holidays can be stressful for everyone. Make sure you stay positive around your children. With a little patience and cheer, you can focus on what’s really important during the season.
The information contained in this Weblog (Blog) is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient’s state. The content of this Weblog (Blog) contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Meddin Law Firm, P.A. expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Weblog (Blog).
The Meddin Law Firm, P.A. and Attorney Anna E. Meddin can help individuals, families, and spouses within the Florida Court system of Orlando, Central Florida and throughout the State of Florida. The Meddin Law Firm is located on “Attorney Row” in downtown Orlando at 1500 E. Robinson Street Orlando, FL 32801.
The Meddin Law Firm, P.A. | 407-392-2320 – www.meddinlaw.com